Grants for conference attendance
In addition to the existing IEEE GRSS – AARSE Travel Fellowship, the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) together with AARSE have made efforts to mobilize for resources to assist the most deserving candidates to participate in the AARSE2016 conference. Currently, the following grants are available;
- GEO funded grants, registration or accommodation
- IEEE GRSS -AARSE Travel Fellowship
- UNDP funded grants
1. GEO grants
The Group on Earth Observation (GEO) has made available a grant to supportattendance of delegates from developing countries. The grant covers either registration or accommodation (at reasonable rates). Preference will be given to those involved in GEO efforts.
- Submitted an accepted abstract for the AARSE2016 conference
- Delegate from a developing country
- Preference will be given to candidates from GEO member countries or candidates actively involved in GEO efforts
2. IEEE GRSS -AARSE Travel Fellowship
The IEEE GRSS -AARSE fellowship program covers travel costs, accommodation and registration fees.
- The recipient is resident in Africa at the time of the award
- The recipient has not previously been awarded with one of these fellowships
- The recipient must be a registered member of IEEE-GRSS and/or AARSE
- Submission of an accepted abstract for oral or poster presentation
- See full eligibility details in the application form.
3. UNDP travel grants
UNDP has availed resources to enable African based scientists to participate in the AARSE2016 conference. Preference will be given to participants who have submitted an accepted abstract under the subtheme on “Disaster Risk Management and Resilience” and are willing to submit a full paper for consideration in a special issue in a journal of international reputation. While the UNDP grants may cover all costs (travel, accommodation and registration), preference will be given to applicants for partial support.
- Submitted an abstract for the AARSE2016 conference
- Willing to submit a full paper for consideration in a special issue
- Delegate from Africa
- Preference will be given to those presenting under the subtheme on disaster risk management and resilience